This year the people of Liliw, Laguna will celebrate its 14th Year of the Tsinelas Festival. This festival was created to promote the town’s main handicraft, slippers for men and women.
Now Liliw sandals and slippers are so popular, you can see them being sold in major marketplacesin Metro Manila like Baclaran and Divisoria. Many online stores and entrepreneurs are also selling these footwear via social media like Facebook and Instagram.
If you want to get the latest styles of footwear and get great discounts, it is best to visit Liliw during the Gat Tayaw Tsinelas Festival.
Liliw Gat Tayaw Tsinelas Festival 2015
2015 Liliw Tsinelas Festival Dates and Schedule of Activities
The Tsinelas Festival this year will run from April 29 up to May 3, 2015.
Here are the scheduled activities for these days:
Day 1 April 29 (Wednesday)
- 8 AM- Mass
- 9 AM- Flag Ceremony/ Flower Offering
- 10 AM- Opening Ceremony/Motorcade
- 1 to 5 PM- Painting Workshop/ Bingo Social
- 7 PM- Barangay Night
Day 2 April 30 (Thursday)
- 4 to 8AM- Media Day/ Indak Turismo
- 8 AM- Painting Workshop
- 1 to 5 PM- Cocktail Mixing, Cooking Contest
- 7 PM- DepEd Night Philippine Festivals
Day 3 May 1 (Friday)
- 8 Am to 12 NN- Tourist on the Spot Challenge
- 2 to 5 PM- Grand Parade/ Bailete/Tsinelas Queen/Photo Contest/ Disenyo
- 7 PM- Tsinelas on the Ramp/LTC in Concert/ Street Party
Liliw Slippers made from Abaca
Day 4 May 2 (Saturday)
- 8 Am- Tourist on the Spot Challenge
- 3 Pm- Zumba Challenge
- 8 PM- San Miguel Night/Street Party/Fireworks Display
Day 5 May 3 (Sunday)
- 8 AM- Display Exhibit
- 7 PM- Mutay ng Liliw Coronation Night
Visit these dates to enjoy lots of shopping, street party, dancing and to experience the unique culture of the Liliweños!!
LIKE Field Trip Boy on Facebook to Discover more fun places and events here in the Philippines and Abroad!!
Please LIKE and SHARE